Thursday, November 25, 2010

“The form cannot be rendered. This may be due to a misconfiguration of the Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service.”, Error while publishing a page in SharePoint 2010.

        When I tried to submit a publishing page after editing to publish, I got this error, “The form cannot be rendered. This may be due to a misconfiguration of the Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service. For more information, contact your server administrator”.
Error
This was because State Service was not configured in my SharePoint environment.
WithoutStateService
To configure State Service, I run the following PowerShell script.


Add-PsSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell 
$serviceApp = New-SPStateServiceApplication -Name "State Service" New-SPStateServiceDatabase -Name "StateServiceDatabase" -ServiceApplication 
$serviceApp New-SPStateServiceApplicationProxy -Name "State Service" -ServiceApplication $serviceApp –DefaultProxyGroup


I added this script in a text file and saved it as script.ps1 on my C drive. Then I opened command prompt and ran this command.
C:\>Powershell C:\script.ps1
After running this script, my State Service was configured and I published my page successfully.
WithStateService

No comments:

Post a Comment